When we started designing our multisport PFD, our goal was to
make it the best one available. We asked Sportzhub readers what
they found good and bad about their existing PFD's, and what they'd
like to see in their ideal one. We tested the outcome of this
feedback with several high profile local multisporters, made many
tweaks as suggested, and believe we've now come up with a winning
This is the only PFD you'll find designed to such a high spec
and ready to go. All other multisport PFDs on the market end up
being modified by the top athletes to add the bits they need, such
as a block to hold the tubes in the right place for drinking while
paddling. We knew ours was finally ready when the common reaction
from every paddler we asked was 'looks like you've done everything,
I wouldn't have to add anything at all!'
- Highly adjustable, single adult size fits most.
- Single colour-way (blue - please note picture does not
show current colour)
- Tough yet lightweight ripstop fabric.
- Exceeds minimum buoyancy standard of 55N as per NZ
- Soft, comfortable foam that can be easily replaced if ever
- Race design cut specifically to enable maximum freedom of
- Large side buckle allows for very quick transitions without
risk of zip malfunction. No need to worry about which way round the
buckle goes, can be fastened either way. Asymmetrical front design
ensures correct angle of strap through buckle.
- Routing for bladder tube over either shoulder or around right
- Supplied with foam block and elastic loops to route up to 3
drinking tubes from bladder, drinks bottle and boat. Block can be
cut down smaller if you like but will hold tubes in correct
drinking position for most people as supplied. No need to push
tubes up through block, design allows for them to be inserted from
- Neoprene front centre pocket for Leppin or other drinks
- Additional short centre pocket & elastic to hold longer items
e.g. bars, bananas.
- Two elasticated mesh pockets including key clip. Larger pocket
can be held out by an open ‘tub’ or cut bottle for very quick
access to food if desired.
- Removable bungee cord on back to carry extra clothing or
equipment for adventure racing.
- Reflective tab on back doubles as loop to attach a light.
- Bladder pocket made from light-coloured fabric to minimise heat
- Hook within bladder pocket for bladder attachment.
- Padded shoulder straps cut to minimise rubbing on neck and
maximise comfort when portaging.
- Smooth bottom edge to minimise friction against spraydeck.
This PFD has already been called 'the most efficient,
comfortable, user friendly multisport PFD on the market'. Now you
too can have the benefits of the combined wisdom of many top class
athletes, without any of the after-market fixes that have
previously been necessary to make multisport PFDs do everything you
need them to for real racing and training.